Seed Finanzierung für das schweizer Biotech-Startup Versantis
Versantis, a Zurich, Switzerland-based pharmaceutical company, closed a CHF4.4M Series A financing round.
The round was led by Redalpine Venture Partners with participation from Altus Partners, HealthEquity, Occident Group, Zürcher Kantonalbank, and private investors. In conjunction with the financing, Michael Sidler, Redalpine, and Lluis Pareras, HealthEquity, will join the founding board members Drs. Kabbaj and Forster, as well as chair Peter Nicklin, senior healthcare executive with extensive international experience (Baxter, Bayer Healthcare, Novartis).
The company intends to use the funds to to progress its lead candidate, VS-01, into a Phase I/II clinical trial targeting hepatic encephalopathy in
acute on chronic-liver-failure, as well as to further develop the company’s preclinical pipeline.
Led by Dr. Vincent Forster, CEO and co-founder, and Dr. Meriam Kabbaj, COO and co-founder, Versantis is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development of products addressing a medical need in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of liver diseases.
Its lead candidate, VS-01, currently at preclinical stage, has the potential to be the first drug for acute liver disease simultaneously supporting multiple failing organs. VS-01 targets 3 rare indications and received an Orphan Drug Designation in ALF.
In addition, The company’s pipeline includes VS-02 and VS-03, which are developed for chronic liver diseases and for the treatment of drug intoxications.
- Inkitt – ‚Reader-powered‘ publisher hunts for the next ‚Harry Potter‘
- Numecent Is Empowering Independent Software Vendors – Transition to SaaS
- Lemon One – Dieses Startup sorgt dafür, dass die Fotos von Foodora gut aussehen
- Die Wissenschaftler-Plattform Morressier erhält 1,5 Millionen Euro zur Weiterentwicklung des Produkts
- Genialis erhält 2,3 Millionen USD, um den Software Launch 2018 vorzubereiten